Low and slow cooking is the best and when it comes to meat, a pork shoulder is one of the easiest to cook. Just season, cover, and bung it in the oven and leave to cook for several hours.
Once cooked the meat will be super tender. It’s great sliced or use a fork to flake the meat for a pulled pork taco, or bap and pico de gallo (salsa) like I’ve made here.
Pulled Pork Taco
Tasty slow-cooked pork in a taco.
- 1.5kg pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 50ml water
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the pico de gallo:
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 fresh chillies, chopped
- juice of a lime
- handful of coriander, chopped
- Step 1 Rub the smoked paprika, cumin, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper into the meat. Place the meat in an ovenproof dish, add water, cover with foil and roast in the oven on gas mark 2 for 6 hours or until tender.
- Step 2 Mix the salsa ingredients together an place in a bowl.
- Step 3 Once the meat is cooked, grill the tortilla add meat and top with the pico de gallo. enjoy!
- Step 4 Have a look out for pork shoulder in your next shop and give this delicious recipe a try.