Asparagus, Egg and Wild Garlic Crumb
I don’t know what’s going on with this weather, but I’ve created a lovely seasonal recipe with foraged wild garlic from a recent trip to Wales. You don’t have to go to Wales to find wild garlic. They tend to grow near riverbanks, so keep a look out if you happen to walkabout in these areas. You can usually smell it a mile off too. You can read more about wild garlic here. This Asparagus, Egg and Wild Garlic Crumb recipe will add a ‘Spring’ to your step.
ASPARAGUS, EGG AND WILD GARLIC CRUMB
April 13, 2018
: 4 min
: 6 min
: 10 min
Eggs and asparagus topped with a tasty crumb
- 200g asparagus
- 5 wild garlic leaves, finely chopped
- 2 large boiled free range and organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- knob of butter
- few shavings of parmesan (use a non rennet hard cheese for a vegetarian version)
- salt and pepper
- Step 1 Boil eggs for 4 minutes for a soft yolk, peel, slice in half and place on top of asparagus.
- Step 2 Boil asparagus for 4 minutes until tender, then drain excess water.
- Step 3 Place a knob of butter into a frying pan, add breadcrumbs and wild garlic and fry until golden. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the egg. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
2 thoughts on “Asparagus, Egg and Wild Garlic Crumb”
Love wild garlic! This is a nice idea actually
Oh it’s rather lovely. Nice contrasting textures too 🙂