In collaboration with Wiltshire Chilli Farm
Battered Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are like marmite, you either love ‘em or hate ‘em. I’m a lover. And why have ordinary Brussels sprouts when you can batter and deep fry them – ooh yeah. And then take them to another next level with a drizzle of Wiltshire Chilli Farm’s Cranberry Kick sauce. These are delicious bites to eat over the festive period. Or anytime really – try it!
You can check out their full range and other recipes online, or catch them at various stalls across the UK, USA and Australia.
Battered Brussels sprouts
Brussels sprouts with a chilli kick
- 800g Brussels sprouts, peeled
- 120g plain flour
- 100ml full fat milk
- 100ml water
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Kick
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil (enough to fill half a deep fryer/pan)
- Step 1 For the batter, add flour, milk, water, baking powder and salt to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside to rest for 2 minutes.
- Step 2 Dust sprouts in flour then dip in the batter.
- Step 3 Add oil to deep fryer, or pan and heat to 185°C/ 365°F. Place the sprouts in the pan one at a time and fry for 7 minutes until crisp and lightly brown. Do not overcrowd the pan, cook in batches if necessary.
- Step 4 Use a slotted spoon to remove the sprouts and drain on kitchen towel. Serve with a drizzle of Cranberry Kick.