Padron peppers are the Russian Roulette of the pepper world. It is claimed that one in ten of the usually mild pepper are super hot. To be honest I’ve eaten loads and have only ever had a hot one on one or two occasions, so reckon the odds are much higher. Hot or not, I’m always up for a gamble with these awesome peppers. I have recently discovered they go very well with Feta cheese too. The sharp saltiness from the feta complements the peppers earthy sweet notes, making it extremely moreish. It’s a match made in heaven and perfect for a light snack or starter.
Have you ever eaten a hot Padron pepper?
Padron Peppers with Feta Cheese
- 150g Padron peppers
- 10g Feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Step 1 Add oil to a frying pan and heat on high until slightly smoking.
- Step 2 Place Padron peppers into the frying pan and fry until all sides of the peppers have blistered.
- Step 3 Once cooked remove peppers from frying pan and place into a serving dish, blot any excess oil with kitchen paper.
- Step 4 Crumble Feta cheese, drizzle extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle a little sea salt on top of the peppers and serve. Enjoy!