You are all probably far more organised than me and have already made a start, or even finished, your Christmas shopping. It’s kinda become tradition for me to do it the day before, sometimes even the night before. But this year Christmas came very early.
In July there’s a two-week period where retailers, mainly in the food industry, put on events to showcase their wares for the upcoming Christmas – it’s known as ‘Christmas in July’. It’s all very odd, but it’s done as the lead times for magazines can run up to 5/6 months in advance. I managed to get around 3 events: Sainbury’s, Ocado and Divertimenti. Here’s my Top 5 from a mixture of those to help inspire your shop if you haven’t already done it:
1. This Sainsbury’s Wensleydale Cheese with Fig and Salted Caramel sounds like it shouldn’t work, but it does – love the sweet and savoury combo, and the figgy chewy bits make this cheese a Christmas cracker!
2. Luigi Bormioli Optima fine wine or water bottles at Divertimenti will add modern class to any table setting. They come in 3 different sizes: 0.25L, 0.5L and the 0.75L, which retails at £7.50.
3. I never tire of eating Macarons – they’re bitesize nuggets of pure joy. You would never guess that these Macarons by Traiteur de Paris at Ocado we’re previously frozen – so good. They’re currently on offer at half price for £12.49 for an assorted pack of 36 – bargain!
4. Add a little spice to your Christmas. Love the simple, stylish practicality of this Spice Box from Divertimenti. Retails at £15.95.
5. I can’t stand Christmas pudding, far too much going on in there – I feel the same with mince pies. This Emma’s Country Cupcakes from Ocado make for a good alternative. Currently on offer for £6 (was £7) for a pack of 12.
Have you done your Chrimbo shopping yet? Found any star items to add to this list?
Many thanks to Sainbury’s, Ocado and Divertimenti for the event invites.